Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 2 - Ha Long Bay, and we got our luggage!!!!

Macy here.  We are waking up EARLY, like 6-ish.  That's great for vacationing because we're not sleeping away the day.  We eat breakfast at the hotel, which is really good.  I had an omlette and french toast.  Not very Vietnamese, but I feel like it helps me keep a food sanity.  Having food we're used to eating makes everything else seem like a real treat!  At 8:30 our mini-bus picked us up.  And, it was made for mini people.  Hyundai buses are not comfortable for people over 5'1!  It was a 3 1/2 hr. ride on a super bumpy road to Ha Long city.  We got on our boat there and cruised out and had lunch.  We spent about 5 hours on the bay.  It was amazing!  We also had an unexpected excursion of visiting some caves that were really great, and then we did some kayaking.  I didn't like that so much.  I sat in the front, which left Brent in the back to steer.  I think you can all sympathize with Brent for my constant badgering on behalf of his steering "handicap".  He actually said "If this is how you're going to talk to me on the Amazing Race, at least it will make good tv".  Oh, how I wish we were on the amazing race!!!  There are no pictures of kayaking b/c we were afraid of ruining the camera by dropping it in the ocean.  Go figure.  Anyway, enjoy lots of pictures!!!!!



















We leave tomorrow evening for Sapa, so we'll be off the grid for a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment